- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 28 oz San Marzano tomatoes with their juice (1 can)
- 1 ½ cup Chicken Stock
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- ½ cup Roth Käse Buttermilk Blue cheese
- Greek yogurt for garnish
- Hot sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a 4-quart pot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and a three-fingered pinch of salt and sweat for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to sweat for 2 more minutes. Add the tomatoes, their juice, and the stock and bring to a simmer. Tie up a sprig of oregano and place it into the soup with the string hanging over the side of the pot. Add the cream, sriracha sauce, and oregano and simmer for 10 to 25 minutes.
- Remove oregano sprig. Pour the soup into a blender, add the blue cheese, and blend until smooth, working in batches if needed. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean pot, taste, adjust the seasoning if necessary, and reheat to serve. The soup will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for a few days.
- When serving top with a dollop of greek yogurt and some extra hot sauce.