2tablespoons canola oil
4cups cubed (about 1 inch) potatoes
2 1/2tablespoons taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
8soft corn tortillas (6 inch)
1/2cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place bacon slices on an ungreased cookie sheet with sides. When oven is preheated, bake bacon 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes. Coarsely chop bacon into small pieces.
- While bacon is baking, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes; stir to coat in hot oil. Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over potatoes; stir to mix. Cook potatoes 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, until potatoes are soft when pierced with tip of knife.
- In ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, place tortillas standing against each other to form taco shells.
- In another skillet, cook and stir beaten eggs over medium heat until they begin to scramble. Remove from heat.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup potatoes. Divide scrambled eggs and bacon evenly into each. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tips and Variations
- Cube the potatoes a day ahead and store in cold water in the refrigerator overnight.
- Adjust the amount of taco seasoning mix to suit your spice level.
- Wrap leftovers in foil and reheat in the oven for 10 minutes.